This was my Conference knitting project - Addison's slippers (colors chosen by Addison). Why are his feet are at such an odd angle? Because, after felting the slippers (washing them in really hot water so they shrink) they have to be shaped to the feet. I didn't want Addison wearing wet slippers through the house all day, so I put them on him while he was sleeping (and then took a picture). Yes, he is a deep sleeper. Yes, I realize he will wake up with wrinkled feet. Yes, that's the kind of mother I am. Monday, October 6, 2008
Conference Sunday
I love Conference weekend... big breakfasts, knitting projects, staying in my pajamas all day, afternoon naps, and of course, being edified by our prophet and leaders. I was so excited to have family in town this weekend to share it all with. We also had friends from the ward over who came over before the first session on Sunday and made us aebleskivers (Danish pancakes), which were awesome!
Grandma working on her conference crocheting project (dishcloths) and Addison and Cam working on Addison's Conference Packet. I don't know how we would survive Conference without those things.
Edward and Meridth - our breakfast cooks and delightful guests.
Shellie - multitasking. She's really good at it.
An after conference game of Clue.
This was my Conference knitting project - Addison's slippers (colors chosen by Addison). Why are his feet are at such an odd angle? Because, after felting the slippers (washing them in really hot water so they shrink) they have to be shaped to the feet. I didn't want Addison wearing wet slippers through the house all day, so I put them on him while he was sleeping (and then took a picture). Yes, he is a deep sleeper. Yes, I realize he will wake up with wrinkled feet. Yes, that's the kind of mother I am.
This was my Conference knitting project - Addison's slippers (colors chosen by Addison). Why are his feet are at such an odd angle? Because, after felting the slippers (washing them in really hot water so they shrink) they have to be shaped to the feet. I didn't want Addison wearing wet slippers through the house all day, so I put them on him while he was sleeping (and then took a picture). Yes, he is a deep sleeper. Yes, I realize he will wake up with wrinkled feet. Yes, that's the kind of mother I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
wow you are the coolest knitter!!!! you should make payslee a cute little beenie and gloves or a sweater or a....... just kidding you have amazing talent.
Prophets and apostles, pretty cool.
Family, entertaining.
Food, delicious.
Knitting, most impressive.
You are such a fast knitter, it's amazing! I love how fun you are-- I always look forward to laughing with you Stephanie! Glad you are having fun with your family-- do I get to meet them?
well let me tell you my best kept secret... megan pouge, she does my background whenever i get board and want a change. she can help you.
You knit? Wow! Love those slippers. Just add my order to Camille's. Hehe. Or, you could just teach me. You are so lucky to get æbleskiver. And they are so not pancakes, waaaaay better. We always were served them for dessert. Do you have an æbleskiver pan? Yum, yum, yum!
Post a Comment