Friday, May 2, 2008

Room With A View

I have been watching this bird make its nest for the past 6 weeks. It is just outside the window in front of my desk, so as I'm working, I often find myself staring at the bird sitting on her eggs. Last night, while Tom and I were cleaning up after dinner, Addison came running in yelling, "There are baby birds in the nest!" We came in to look, and sure enough, there they were. They like to peak their little heads up and flap their wings. The mama doesn't spend much time on the nest anymore. I'm not sure where she is off to. I don't think she'll win mother of the year, for sure. When she does come back, though, I love seeing the 4 tiny birds poke their heads up and fight for food. I've tried to take pictures of it, but every time I open my window, I scare the mama off.

I took this picture leaning out my bedroom window.
We all decided to draw a picture of the nest and birds. Tom and Addison sat on my bed and sketched long after I lost interest in my lack of artistic ability.

Addison's rendition.

No comments: