On Memorial Day in San Juan Bautista, I found such a treasure. We were in a huge antique store when I saw this set of dishes that I thought were so cool. I turned them over to see that they were Wedgwood. Jen and I visited the Wedgwood factory when we were in England. Jen bought a set of every day dishes there, and I always regretted not buying any. I showed Tom the dishes, and he told me he had never heard of Wedgwood. I suddenly became a Wedgwood know-it-all, as there are very rare occasions when I know about something that he doesn't. He told me to buy them, but I didn't want to get them if they were a really common pattern, or something that I could get anywhere. I decided I would go home and find out what the pattern was, and then decide if I wanted to get them. When we got home, I spent about 2 hours looking on the internet for these stupid dishes. All I knew was that they were Wedgwood and brown. The first hour was wasted because I was spelling Wedwood with an "e" (Wedgewood). I'm a genius. That's what I get for being a know-it-all. After I finally found the official website, I looked through about 75 patterns, in alphabetical order, and only got to the G's. I decided I had missed out.
The next morning Tom called me and told me that the pattern was called Pennine. HOW DOES HE DO THAT? He had found it somehow. He told me to look
here. The set I wanted had 8 dinner plates and 8 salad plates. (The picture on that webite of the dinner plate doesn't really show what it looks like. Look at the casserole dishes to see the pattern.) He also told me that it was only made between 1965 and 1971. I was super excited.
I called the shop and paid for the set over the phone. Today I drove up and picked up my new dishes.
2 comments:
Those are super cute - Jonny and I are still using our combined college years dishes. I told him for our five year anniversary (this summer) I want him to get me new dishes! Perhaps I should send you and Tom out on the search!
Stephanie it sounds like things are gong well for you! Ellen told me about your blog. It was fun to see you and Addison. You look happy, I wish you the best! Tell Addison hi from Madison. She liked his cub scout uniform. Can you believe they are 8.
Post a Comment