Monday, November 24, 2008

Piano Lessons

Addison started piano lessons about 2 months ago, and it has been so much fun to see how excited he is about it. I'm sure it can't last forever, but he still is really excited to practice and play everything he learns. As anyone who calls and talks to him can attest, he loves to set the phone down on top of the piano and play for the caller. I don't know how many times the grandmas have heard Darth Vader's theme in the last 2 months.

I love his teacher. She is the cutest little lady. She really wants him to enjoy playing, so she teaches him songs that he will be interested in. He has learned about every theme from Star Wars. She really takes her cues from the students as to how to approach their lessons and it makes for such a perfect learning environment. A few weeks ago Addison had been playing around on the piano and had figured out the beginning of a song from Star Wars (of course). He played it for her at his next lesson, and she used that theme for the basis of that week's lesson and taught him the rest of the song.

Look out John Williams.

4 comments:

Dasha said...

That is so great! I look forward to having my kiddos also learn to play the piano. It will be hard for me if they don't love as I do though. The teacher can make all the difference. I should know, I've had several, hehe. Glad you found a good one for him.

Sherry said...

The Sister missionaries will LOVE him in their mission because then they won't always have to play......not that I'm bitter by any means. Go Addison!!!

Amy said...

Awesome!! You will have to call and play it for Eric.

JPS said...

Squirt,

Your piano playing is the best (and it never hurts to be figuring-out how to play even more Star Wars music...) and I look forward to seeing you play in person!

Jill has a little piano keyboard in her basement that you will have-to use to play us your music!

I love you and your piano-playing-fingers!!!

Dad