Monday, November 24, 2008

Bonfire on the Beach

Since we have been here, I have been wanting to build a fire on the beach at night. There aren't a lot of beaches where you can have fires here, but just past the Carmel beach there are a few. Those beaches (which I didn't even know existed until about a month ago), have become some of my favorites. We went with our friends Cheryl and Micah and Sheila and Jayce. It was so warm out there that night (which never happens. It seems like it is always cold and windy at the beach). The kids had so much fun climbing on rocks, playing with kelp, and watching the huge waves. Of course, everything was much more exciting because it was dark. We'll have to do it again.
Climbing on the rocks. Super safe with pointy sticks in their hands, right?

Smoke in your eyes stinks.
Getting the perfect marshmallow.

What is it with boys and digging holes?
Micha and baby Asher.
Sheila and Tom roasting... something.

I think it's cute that he sticks his tongue out when he is thinking. I think it's even cuter that he's thinking so hard about getting that hot dog just right.

Hot dogs are good.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm... Hot dogs are good, especially when they are roasted on a fire on a stick. Looks like you had fun Addison. Love you! -Aunt Amy

RaKell said...

Hi Steph, so fun to find your blog. I can't believe Addison is so big what a handsome guy! Hope you are doing well....you need to get Jenn blogging!!

:) RaKell Sutch (Montgomery)

Read and Camille King said...

so fun for you guys. im jelous!! but i am happy to say that we will be there in a month!!! so brace your selves for the party to start!!

Elizabeth said...

The beach keeps sounding better and better-I would love a bonfire on the beach right about now. It looked so fun! I'm glad to see you back blogging.