Tuesday, August 24, 2010

School Starts and Summer Ends...

So, school started last week. Addison is going to another new school (poor child), but was completely fine with it because it's across the street from our house and he has lots of friends in this school. He has one of his friends from primary in his class.

Tom took him school shopping... lucky guy (Addison that is). He came home with black cargo pants (I'm sorry. I hate black casual pants for boys, or maybe just my boy. Don't be offended), and character shirts with sayings on them (another of my not-so-favorites!). Anyway, at least he was dressed right?
I'm loving living across the street from the school. As long as I have kids in school, I want to live in this same proximity to their school. I open the door hug my child, and wave to him as he crosses the street. Then, at 2:30, I look out the window, and when I see him at the crosswalk, I open the door and greet him. Today, I was a little late looking out the window, and guess what? No guilty feelings when I showed up late to pick up and no reminders from the principal that pick-up is at 2:30 (got it), because he just walked in the front door! Awesome!
And now, summer is coming to end in most places, but here we are just starting to get to our warmest days. This summer has been a real bummer (that's right, summer/bummer) because it has been so chilly, and even if it wasn't, I wouldn't really have been going anywhere - not that my excuse (a baby that is) doesn't entirely make up for it. Today though, it was in the 90s, and we went to the pool near a friend's house.

Noah and I didn't get in, but he had to wear his swimsuit before it became too small.

And just for kicks, here is Noah with a vice grip on Addison's nose. Addison couldn't be a better big brother. He loves that baby so much and can't get enough of him... even when Noah threw up on him (THREW UP, not spit up) the other day and he sat there calmly and tried to get him settled by attempting to put his binky in his mouth (maybe not the best solution with throw up everywhere, but a good effort) and calmly telling me that I should hurry and finish the dishes and come get the baby. Cute boys... love them both.

Post-edit: I just read through this and found that I make no sense and have poor grammar throughout. I'm leaving it though (with a couple exceptions for far too embarrassing errors) as a reminder of my sleep deprived state.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ohhh, look at those sweet boys. I love them.

Megan said...

Your boys are too cute! I love the swim suit. Crazy that summer is over and school has begun but I LOVE fall and look forward to the joy that it brings. Hope you are doing well. btw How awesome is Addison for not freaking out with throw-up on him!!