Saturday, January 5, 2008

Kayaking November 2007

We tried kayaking for the first time in November. I was scared to death because my only experience rowing anything was when Jen and I were in some little boat stuck in some little body of water going around and around in circles because we couldn't figure out how to row. I was sure this was going to be worse - it's the ocean... there are waves. Thankfully, it was easier than I thought and it turned out to be a really fun day!

While Tom got the kayaks ready...


Addison played on a big pile of sand that had been made after they cleaned up the beach.




I was a in a single kayak and Addison and Tom were in a double kayak. Addison was a little nervous before we started, too. After Tom had pushed my kayak out to sea, Addison said to him, "What does horrified mean?" Tom explained the word. Addison said, "Right. I'm horrified about this." Once they got out on the water, though, Addison had a great time. We saw a sea otter and her pup. We saw about a hundred sea lions. And we paddled through hundreds of jellyfish.


No comments: